Jobkeeper 2.0 eligiblity is based on a decline in ACTUAL gst turnover for the periods Sep-Dec 2019 vs Sep-Dec 2020. What happens if your business is unusual or it isn’t a relevant period to compare. There is the option to use an alternative test to see if you may still be eligible.
You only need to satisfy one of the alternative tests.
Alternative Tests for a:
- Business that started after the comparison period started but before 1 March 2020
- Business acquisition or disposal that changes the entity’s turnover
- Business restructure that changed the entity’s turnover
- Business that has had a substantial increase in turnover
- Business affected by drought or natural disaster
- Business that has an irregular turnover
- Sole trader or small partnership with sickness, injury or leave
- Business that temporarily ceased trading during the relevant comparison period
- Coronavirus Economic Response Package (Payments and Benefits) Alternative Decline in Turnover Test Rules (No. 2) 2020External Link
- Coronavirus Economic Response Package (Payments and Benefits) Alternative Decline in Turnover Test Amendment Rules 2020
- new alternative test – business that temporarily ceased trading
Simple! Smart! Different!
This information is intended to provide general information only and has been prepared without taking into account any particular person’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on such information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information